Help us share the story of the Little Clinic that Can with your family & friends. To host a salon-style discussion among friends in your home, contact Melanie Hamburger, Director of Capital Projects, will make it easy and fun.
Learn more about our Capital Campaign.
Learn about Marin City’s Past
In the 1940s, folks from across the U.S. came to Marin City for jobs to support the war effort. The GI Bill afforded the ability to buy a home, yet property deeds across Marin County had title restrictions like this:
Poverty, illness and race are connected. Black and Brown residents who remained in rental housing, missed a critical opportunity to build wealth. Where you are born, live, work, play and age matters – something called Social Determinants of Health.
Now plagued by extreme poverty, the small community of Marin City is home to 52% of all public housing for Marin County, where average family income is $13,213 and nearly 100% of children in the local K-8 public school qualify for free or reduced-price school lunch. This diverse, tightly knit community of 3,000 remains the home of most African Americans in Marin, one of the wealthiest counties in the state. You can help change these racial and economic disparities.
Invest in a Bright Future
$6,000,000 of the total project cost of $27M will be contributed by individuals like you!
- Donate online through our secure payment portal.
- Mail a check:
- MCHWC Administrative Office, 880 Las Gallinas #7, San Rafael, CA 94903.
- Donate appreciated stock with these instructions to your broker:
- Vanguard Depository Trust Company
- Beneficiary Account Number: 86906899
- Beneficiary Name: Marin City Health and Wellness Center
- Originator to Beneficiary Information (OBI): Please indicate Donor Name.
All gifts—at any level—are greatly appreciated and 100% tax deductible! Our tax-exempt ID as a nonprofit organization is 06-1787661.