We have an amazing team dedicated to African American equity, with deep expertise in health and housing.
Architects & Engineers:
Quezada Architects, a Latina-led firm with deep ties to Marin County, has designed beautiful projects around the world. In San Francisco, they count among their projects: the affordable components of Mission Rock Parcel F and Transbay Block 4, and Uber’s state-of-the-art green design world headquarters. The principal, Cecilia Quezada, is lead on our project and a close partner in conversations with the Marin’s Community Development Agency.
We are truly honored to work with the following team of engineers, who offer the finest quality of work with a commitment to racial equity and green design:
Civil Engineer: Dan Hughes of DVC Group.
Structural Engineer: Randy Collins of FTF Engineering.
Soils/Geotechnical Engineer: Ben Pappas of Miller Pacific Engineering.
Mechanical Electrical Plumbing: Sean Timmons of Verve Sustainable Engineering Design.
Landscape Architecture: Michael Erskine of Integrated Design Studio.
Financial & Legal:
Project Manager: Melanie Hamburger, Director of Capital Projects for Marin City Health & Wellness Center, is overseeing all elements of pre-development and fundraising.
Financial Advisor: Judy Waterman and her team at WIPFLI have provided contract CFO services since Marin City Health & Wellness Center became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in 2011.
Entitlements Consultant: Lamar Turner of ElderFocus brings his deep experience with affordable housing in Marin and elsewhere.
Legal: Chris Skelton of Rifkind Law Group has advised us on land use issues.
New Market Tax Credits Consultant: We are working with Suzanne Brown and Corinne Ingrassia of Equity Community Builders.
New Team Members Coming!
We will be hiring these important roles soon. If you are interested in our project and would like to be included in the RFP process, please contact Melanie Hamburger.
- Development Partner – An experienced affordable housing developer will partner with the community owned property to: coordinate the construction process and affordable housing program requirements; liaison between client, GC, architect; serve as owner’s rep in project coordination; and help develop internal capacity for management and compliance of the affordable housing.
- General Contractor
- Hazardous Materials Consultant
- Title 24 Energy Consultant
- Relocation Specialist
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems Engineer
- Fire Sprinklers Design Consultant
- Traffic/Parking Engineer